1. A light body and heavy body have equal momentum, which one have greater kinetic energy?
2. What does speedometer of a car indicates?
3. Write down the dimensions of viscosity coefficient
4. Why do we use ball-bearings?
5. How errors are combined in following mathematical operations of physical quantities?
(i) Subtraction (ii) Product
6. Draw the Velocity – Time graph for following cases when (i) Object is moving in positive direction with acceleration (ii) An object is under free fall.
7. Derive the necessary relation for safest velocity of an automobile on a banked road of radius r and friction coefficient μ.
8. If variation of position with time t is given by x = a + bt + ct2 . Write the dimensions of a, b & c.
9. The forces whose magnitude is in the ratio of 3:5 give a resultant of 35
N. If the angle b/w them is 60°. Find the magnitude of each force.
10. What is an impulse? A ball coming towards a batsman with a certain
velocity U. He deflects the ball by an angle Q and its velocity increases to V. Draws A vector diagram to show initial momentum, find momentum and impulse.
11. In the given system of masses m1= 5 kg, and coefficient of friction for each constant is 0.2. Calculate the mass m2, if m1 is sliding down with an acceleration of 2 ms–2. What will be the tension in the string?
12. The radius and length of a solid cylinder is measured as R = (10.0 ± 02) cm, I = (20.0 ± 0.5) cm. Calculate the volume and surface area of the cylinder and error in them.
13. A bomb is exploded into three fragments of mass 1:2:3. The fragment having lighter masses move with a speed of 40 m/s in mutually perpendicular to each other. Calculate the velocity of the third fragment.