- A disc of metal is melted and a solid sphere is formed. What will happen to the moment of inertia about a vertical axis passing through the centre?
- What are the unit and dimensions of moment of inertia ? Is it a vector ?
- Is radius of gyration of the body a constant quantity?
- What is the rotational analogue of force and mass.
- Can a body in translatory motion have angular momentum ?
- Why spin angular velocity of star is greatly enhanced when it collapses under gravitational pull and becomes a neutron star.
- Why there are two propellers in a helicopter.
- The moment of inertia and the angular momentum of two bodies A and B are equal then which has a greater kinetic energy ?
- A canon ball and marble ball roll from rest down and inclined which goes to the bottom first.
- If the earth were to shrink suddenly what will happen to the length of the day ?
- Kg m2, [ M1 L2 T], No.
- Torque and moment of Inertia.
- Since angular momentum is conserved therefore, as I decrease
- For balancing itself
- (K.E.)B > (K.E.)A
- Both will reach simultaneously.