Extra Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 13 Why Do We Fall Ill
Here we are providing extra questions for class 9 science chapter 13 Why Do We Fall Ill. Various type of questions are provided. These includes very short answer type questions, short answer type questions and long answer type questions as well. These questions are important for exam as well. You will be able to score more in your exams by practicing these questions.
Very Short Answer Type Question (VSA)
1. What is disease?
2. Who demonstrated the presence of bacteria in air?
3. How are communicable diseases transmitted?
4. Name four bacterial diseases.
5. What are viral diseases?
6. Name two protozoan diseases.
7. Write the names of some non-communicable diseases.
8. What are pathogens?
9. Name some diseases which are caused by droplet infection.
10. What are vectors?
11. Name one air-borne disease.
12. What is flu?
13. Why does the AIDS patient become susceptible to cold?
14. What is HIV?
15. What is jaundice?
16. What are the hosts of malarial parasite?
17. Which age group is suspectible to marasmus?
18. Which hormone production is related to iodine?
19. Which type of food we should take when we are sick?
20. What is pellagra?
Short Answer Type Questions
1. (a) What is an epidemic disease?
(b) Which organ is affected if a person is suffering from jaundice?
2. Why are we normally advised to take blend and nourishing food when we are sick?
3. Why are antibiotics effective against bacteria but not against viruses?
4. State two consequences, which one has to face while dealing with an infectious disease?
5. If you visit a friend suffering from malaria, what are the chances of malaria spreading to you?
Long Answer Type Questions
1. (a) Which of the following diseases are protozoan in origin? Dengue, Malaria, Kala-azar and HIV-AIDS.
(b) Suggest any two ways to prevent being infected by protozoa.
2. (a) Why taking an antibiotic is not effective in the common cold?
(b) Name two diseases against which infants below one year are vaccinated.
(c) List two symptoms of any one of these diseases.
3. (i) State in brief the principle of immunisation.
(ii) Name any two diseases that can be prevented by immunisation.
4. (i) Give definition of ‘health’?
(ii) State and explain in brief the four major factors, which are the causes of disease.
5. (i) Differentiate between acute and chronic diseases.
(ii) Give one example each of acute and of chronic diseases.
(iii) Mention any two causes of body’s diseases.
You may also like:
Extra questions for other chapters of class 9 science is given below.
Chapter 3 Atoms and Molecules
Chapter 4 Structure of Atom
Chapter 10 Gravitation
Chapter 11 Work and Energy
Chapter 13 Why Do We Fall Ill?