[PDF] Download MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 14 Statistics
Here we are providing Latest MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths. In this article, we are covering MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 14 Statistics. Students are suggested to go through each question to understand the concept well.
Chapters Covered in MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths
Chapter 1 Real Numbers
Chapter 2 Polynomials
Chapter 3 Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Chapter 4 Quadratic Equations
Chapter 5 Arithmetic Progressions
Chapter 6 Triangles
Chapter 7 Coordinate Geometry
Chapter 8 Introduction to Trigonometry
Chapter 9 Some Applications of Trigonometry
Chapter 10 Circles
Chapter 11 Constructions
Chapter 12 Areas Related to Circles
Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes
Chapter 14 Statistics
Chapter 15 Probability
Class 10 Maths Chapters Description
Here’s a short description of each chapter:
- Real Numbers: This chapter covers topics like Euclid’s division lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic, and the decimal representation of irrational numbers.
- Polynomials: This chapter deals with algebraic expressions and polynomials, their types, and various operations like addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables: This chapter covers topics like graphical representation of linear equations, elimination method, and substitution method.
- Quadratic Equations: This chapter covers topics like standard form of quadratic equation, roots of quadratic equations, and the quadratic formula.
- Arithmetic Progressions: This chapter covers topics like arithmetic sequence, nth term of an AP, and the sum of n terms of an AP.
- Triangles: This chapter deals with triangles, their properties, and various theorems related to them.
- Coordinate Geometry: This chapter covers topics like Cartesian plane, distance formula, and section formula.
- Introduction to Trigonometry: This chapter introduces the basic concepts of trigonometry like trigonometric ratios, sine, cosine, and tangent functions.
- Some Applications of Trigonometry: This chapter covers applications of trigonometry in real-life situations, like finding the height and distance of an object.
- Circles: This chapter deals with circles and their properties, like chord, tangent, and arc.
- Constructions: This chapter covers the basic constructions like constructing angles, bisecting lines, and constructing triangles.
- Areas Related to Circles: This chapter covers topics like area of a circle, sector, and segment.
- Surface Areas and Volumes: This chapter deals with finding the surface area and volume of different geometrical figures.
- Statistics: This chapter covers topics like mean, median, mode, and graphical representation of data.
- Probability: This chapter introduces the basic concepts of probability and its applications in real-life situations.
Importance of Solving MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) questions are an important component of the class 10 maths examination. Here are some reasons why MCQ questions are important:
- Assessment of Knowledge: MCQ questions are an effective way to assess a student’s knowledge and understanding of a topic. They test the students’ conceptual understanding of the subject matter, as well as their ability to apply the concepts to real-life situations.
- Time-Saving: MCQ questions are time-saving because they do not require students to write long answers. Instead, students can quickly choose the correct option and move on to the next question. This allows more questions to be asked within a limited time frame, making the examination more comprehensive.
- Objective Evaluation: MCQ questions offer an objective evaluation of a student’s performance. Since the answers are pre-defined, there is little scope for subjectivity in grading. This reduces the likelihood of bias and ensures that all students are evaluated based on the same set of criteria.
- Feedback: MCQ questions offer immediate feedback to students on their performance. This helps students to identify their weaknesses and work on improving them. It also helps teachers to identify areas where students may be struggling and provide them with additional support.
- Revision: MCQ questions are a useful tool for revision. By attempting MCQ questions, students can quickly identify the areas where they need to focus their revision efforts. They can also test their knowledge and understanding of a topic before moving on to more complex problems.
In conclusion, MCQ questions are an important component of the class 10 maths examination. They assess a student’s knowledge and understanding of the subject matter, provide objective evaluation, and offer immediate feedback. They are also time-saving and a useful tool for revision.
Why Students Fear MCQ Questions in Class 10 Maths Exam?
Here are some reasons why students may fear MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) questions in the class 10 maths exam:
- Uncertainty: MCQ questions offer a limited number of choices, making it difficult to determine the correct answer. Students may feel uncertain about their ability to select the correct answer, leading to anxiety and fear.
- Lack of Understanding: If students do not have a clear understanding of the underlying concepts and formulas, they may find it difficult to select the correct answer from the given options.
- Pressure to Perform: There is often pressure on students to perform well in exams, which can increase the fear of MCQ questions. Students may feel that they need to perform perfectly to achieve a good score, leading to increased anxiety and fear.
- Lack of Practice: MCQ questions require a different approach than long-answer questions, and students may not have had enough practice to become comfortable with this format. This can lead to fear and anxiety when faced with MCQ questions in the exam.
How to Attempt MCQ Questions in Class 10 Maths Exam?
Here are some tips on how to attempt MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) questions in the class 10 maths exam:
- Read the Question Carefully: It’s important to read the question and all options carefully to understand what is being asked. Pay attention to any keywords, such as ‘not’ or ‘except’, which can change the meaning of the question.
- Eliminate Options: Go through all the options and eliminate the ones that are obviously incorrect. This will help you narrow down the choices and increase your chances of choosing the correct answer.
- Use Logic and Reasoning: Use your knowledge and logical reasoning to eliminate unlikely options and select the most appropriate answer. Sometimes, eliminating the wrong answers can make the correct one more obvious.
- Don’t Guess: Avoid guessing the answer blindly as there may be negative marking for wrong answers. If you are not sure of the answer, it’s better to skip the question and come back to it later.
- Manage Time: Since MCQ questions require less time than long-answer questions, make sure to allocate your time wisely. Don’t spend too much time on any one question and move on if you are unsure of the answer.
- Revise Your Answers: After completing all the MCQ questions, review your answers to ensure that you have not made any mistakes. Double-check your calculations and ensure that you have marked the answers correctly on the answer sheet.
In conclusion, attempting MCQ questions in class 10 maths exam requires careful reading, logical reasoning, and time management. By following these tips, you can improve your chances of selecting the correct answer and achieve a good score in the exam.