- A charged particle moving in a perpendicular uniform magnetic field penetrates a layer of lead and thereby loses half of its kinetic energy. How will the radius of curvature of its path changes.
- The energy of a charged particle moving in a uniform magnetic field does not change, why ?
- State property of material of the wire used for the suspension of the coil in a moving cell galvanometer.
- Can you accelerate a neutron by cyclotron ?
- What is the radial magnetic field ?
- Does the magnetic field exert a force on a static charge ?
- What is the shape of magnetic field lines when current is straight or circular ?
- Why does a solenoid tend to contract when a current passes through it ?
- Which one has lowest resistance: ammeter, voltmeter and galvanometer ?
- Name some magnetic and non-magnetic substances.
- r ∝ √E , radius is reduced to 1/ √ 2 times
- Force is perpendicular to the direction of motion.
- It should have low torsional constant, high tensile strength, low temperature coefficient of resistance. It should be a non magnetic substance and a good conductor of electricity.
- Where the plane of the coil always lies in the direction of magnetic field.
- Circular, when current is straight;
Straight, when current is circular.
- Due to mutual attraction between the coil turns.
- Magnetic substance: iron, cobalt, nickel, steel, etc.
Non-magnetic substances: brass, paper, wood, etc.