Case Study Questions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Real Numbers
Priya and her husband Aman who is an architect by profession, visited France. They went to see Mont Blanc Tunnel which is a highway tunnel between France and Italy, under the Mont Blanc Mountain in the Alps, and
has a parabolic cross-section. The mathematical representation of the tunnel is shown in the graph.
Based on the above information, answer the following questions.
(1) The zeroes of the polynomial whose graph is given, are
(a) -2, 8
(2) What will be the expression of the polynomial given in diagram?
(a) x2 – 6x + 16
(b) -x2 + 6x + 16
(c) x2 + 6x + 16
(d) -x2 – 6x – 16
(3) What is the value of the polynomial. represented by the graph, when x = 4?
(4) If the tunnel is represented by -x2+3x-2. then its zeroes are
(a) -1, -2
(b) 1, -2
(c) -1, 2
(d) 1, 2
(5) If one of the zero is 4 and sum of zeroes is -3, then representation of tunnel as a polynomial is