[PDF] Download MCQ Questions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals
Here we are providing mcq questions for class 8 maths. In this article, we are covering mcq questions for cbse class 8 maths chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals.
CBSE Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals
CBSE Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 – Understanding Quadrilaterals, covers the following topics:
Introduction to quadrilaterals: Definition of quadrilaterals, their properties, and types.
Properties of quadrilaterals: Discusses the properties of various types of quadrilaterals, such as parallelograms, rectangles, squares, rhombuses, trapeziums, and kites.
Angle sum property of quadrilaterals: Explains the angle sum property of quadrilaterals and how it applies to different types of quadrilaterals.
Different types of quadrilaterals: Covers the different types of quadrilaterals, their properties, and their relationships with each other.
Diagonals of quadrilaterals: Discusses the properties of the diagonals of various types of quadrilaterals and their relationship with each other.
Importance of MCQ Questions for Class 8 Maths
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) questions are an important component of CBSE Class 8 Maths exams. Here are some reasons why:
Assessing multiple concepts: MCQ questions allow teachers to test multiple concepts in a single question, making it easier to evaluate a student’s understanding of various topics.
Objective assessment: Unlike subjective questions, MCQs have a definitive answer, which makes it easier to grade and assess a student’s performance objectively.
Time-efficient: MCQ questions can be answered quickly and are therefore time-efficient. This means that more questions can be included in the exam, giving a better idea of a student’s overall understanding of the subject.
Practice for competitive exams: Many competitive exams such as JEE, NEET, etc., have MCQ questions. Therefore, practicing MCQs in CBSE Class 8 Maths exams can help students prepare for these exams.
Instant feedback: MCQ questions provide instant feedback to students, allowing them to understand their mistakes and work on their weaknesses.
Overall, MCQ questions are an essential component of CBSE Class 8 Maths exams as they provide a comprehensive evaluation of a student’s understanding of the subject.
Why CBSE Class 8 Students Fear MCQ Questions in Maths?
It is not uncommon for Class 8 students to feel anxious or fearful about MCQ questions in Maths. Here are some reasons why:
Lack of practice: Many students do not practice MCQ questions regularly, which can make them unsure of their abilities to solve them.
Pressure to score high: Students are under pressure to score high marks in exams, and MCQs require them to answer accurately within a limited time, adding to their stress.
Fear of negative marking: In some exams, negative marking is applied to incorrect answers, which can cause students to hesitate while answering MCQ questions.
Difficulty in understanding the question: Sometimes, the wording of MCQ questions can be confusing or ambiguous, leading to students being uncertain about the correct answer.
Complexity of the question: Some MCQ questions in Maths can be complex and require a thorough understanding of concepts, making it difficult for students to answer them accurately.
Steps to Follow While Answering MCQ Questions for Class 8 Maths
Here are some strategies that Class 8 students can follow to approach MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) questions in Maths:
- Read the question carefully: Students should read the question and all the options carefully before answering. This will help them understand the question and avoid confusion.
- Eliminate options: If a student is unsure about the correct answer, they can eliminate options that they know are incorrect. This will help them narrow down the choices and increase their chances of selecting the correct answer.
- Solve the problem: In some cases, it may be necessary to solve the problem before choosing the answer. Students should take time to solve the problem accurately and then choose the option that matches their answer.
- Use estimation: Estimation can be helpful in selecting the correct answer, especially if the options are very close in value. Students can use their knowledge of approximations and rounding to estimate the answer.
- Pay attention to units: Sometimes, the units given in the options can help in selecting the correct answer. Students should ensure that the units in the options match the units in the question.
- Manage time: MCQs require students to answer quickly within a limited time. Students should manage their time effectively and not spend too much time on a single question.
- Practice regularly: Regular practice of MCQs can improve a student’s speed, accuracy, and confidence in answering them. Students should solve MCQ question banks and sample papers regularly to gain more exposure and practice.
Following these strategies can help Class 8 students approach MCQ questions in Maths with more confidence and accuracy.
Hope This Helps!