Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 2 Federalism
Here we are providing case study questions for Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 2 Federalism.
Case Study Question 1:
This new system of local government is the largest experiment in democracy conducted anywhere in the world. There are now about 36 lakh elected representatives in the panchayats and municipalities etc., all over the country. This number is bigger than the population of many countries in the world. Constitutional status for local government has helped to deepen the democracy in our country.
Answer the following MCQs by choosing the most appropriate options:
(i) When was a major step taken towards decentra-lisation?
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (a)
(ii) Consider the following statements on the practice of federalism in India. Identify those which hold untrue for decentralisation.
(a) State Election Commission has been created in each State to Conduct Panchayat and municipal elections.
(b) It became constitutionally mandatory to hold regular elections to local government bodies.
(c) The state governments are required to share some powers and revenue with local government bodies.
(d) No seats are reserved in the elected bodies for scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward classes.
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (d)
(iii) In the local government elections at least of all positions are reserved for women?
(a) 1/3 rd
(b) 2/3 rd
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (a)
(iv) An independent institution called the State Election Commission has been created in each State to conduct panchayat and municipal elections. (True/False)
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: True
Tips to Prepare for Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science
Preparing for case study and passage-based questions in class 10 social science can be challenging, but it is important to remember that with the right approach, you can effectively tackle these types of questions. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science:
- Understand the format of case study questions: Case study questions for class 10 social science usually require you to read a scenario or a passage and answer a set of questions based on it. These questions can be based on various topics like history, geography, economics, or civics.
- Read and analyze the case study or passage carefully: The first step in answering case study questions is to read the scenario or passage carefully. Try to identify the main idea or theme of the passage and note down any important details that you think are relevant. Pay attention to any maps, graphs, or charts that are included as they can be helpful in answering the questions.
- Identify the type of questions being asked: After reading the case study or passage, you should analyze the questions being asked. Try to identify the type of question, whether it is a factual question or an analytical question. Factual questions require you to provide specific details from the passage, while analytical questions require you to use your critical thinking skills to analyze the information presented in the passage.
- Use your textbook and notes: To prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the topics covered in your textbook. Go through your notes and textbook to revise the relevant topics and concepts. This will help you to answer the questions more accurately.
- Practice sample questions: One of the best ways to prepare for case study questions is to practice answering sample questions. Try to find sample questions online or in your textbook and practice answering them. This will help you to get comfortable with the format of the questions and improve your speed and accuracy.