Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy
Here we are providing case study questions for Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy.
Case Study Question 1:
Read the source given below and answer the questions that follow:
How do We assess Democracy’s Outcomes?
Over a hundred countries of the world today claim and practice some kind of democratic politics: they have formal constitutions, they hold elections, they have parties and they guarantee rights of citizens. While these features are common to most of them, these democracies are very much different from each other in terms of their social situations, their economic achievements and their cultures. Clearly, what may be achieved or not achieved under each of these democracies will be very different.
Q 1. Explain the fascination for democracy amongst various countries.
Ans. The fascination for democracy amongst various countries is due to the following reasons:
(i) It gives its people freedom of life and freedom of speech.
(ii) A democratic country has a strong economic system and all the people get equal opportunities.
Q 2. Explain democracy on the basis of expected and actual outcome.
Ans. Democracy can be explained on the basis of expected outcome as follows:
(i) There are regular, free and fair elections, open public debate on major policies and legislations.
(ii) Citizens get the right to information about the government and its functioning.
On the basis of actual outcomes, democracy can be explained as follows:
(i) Not every decision comes forward in a public debate.
(ii) Sharing information with people rarely happens.
(iii) Democracies have never been free of corruption and government has failed to pay attention to the needs and expectations of people.
Tips to Prepare for Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science
Preparing for case study and passage-based questions in class 10 social science can be challenging, but it is important to remember that with the right approach, you can effectively tackle these types of questions. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science:
- Understand the format of case study questions: Case study questions for class 10 social science usually require you to read a scenario or a passage and answer a set of questions based on it. These questions can be based on various topics like history, geography, economics, or civics.
- Read and analyze the case study or passage carefully: The first step in answering case study questions is to read the scenario or passage carefully. Try to identify the main idea or theme of the passage and note down any important details that you think are relevant. Pay attention to any maps, graphs, or charts that are included as they can be helpful in answering the questions.
- Identify the type of questions being asked: After reading the case study or passage, you should analyze the questions being asked. Try to identify the type of question, whether it is a factual question or an analytical question. Factual questions require you to provide specific details from the passage, while analytical questions require you to use your critical thinking skills to analyze the information presented in the passage.
- Use your textbook and notes: To prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the topics covered in your textbook. Go through your notes and textbook to revise the relevant topics and concepts. This will help you to answer the questions more accurately.
- Practice sample questions: One of the best ways to prepare for case study questions is to practice answering sample questions. Try to find sample questions online or in your textbook and practice answering them. This will help you to get comfortable with the format of the questions and improve your speed and accuracy.