Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 2 Sectors of Indian Economy
Here we are providing case study questions for Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 2 Sectors of Indian Economy.
Case Study Question 1:
We must realise that some of the suggestions discussed above would take a long time to implement. For the short-term, we need some quick measures. Recognising this, the central government in India made a law implementing the Right to Work in about 625 districts of India. It is called Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005 (MGNREGA 2005).
Answer the following MCQs by choosing the most appropriate options:
(i) Right to work means:
(a) All the women even if they are unskilled should be given jobs.
(b) Only men should be provided jobs as they are the head of the family.
(c) All the people who are capable of working should be given opportunity to work.
(d) All of these.
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (c)
(ii) Provision which does not come under MGNREGA 2005 is ……………..
(a) People in Rural areas given 100 days guaranteed employment.
(b) Government can give unemployment allowance to people.
(c) People can go to urban areas as well for employment.
(d) All of these
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (c)
(iii) Govt. can remove poverty by giving money to poor people. (Ture/False)
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: False
(iv) MGNREGA 2005 was implemented in
(a) Only the villages.
(b) Patches of forests or large forests that have been left untouched by the local people.
(c) The area that are under government control.
(d) Local communities to take care of them.
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (a)
Tips to Prepare for Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science
Preparing for case study and passage-based questions in class 10 social science can be challenging, but it is important to remember that with the right approach, you can effectively tackle these types of questions. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science:
- Understand the format of case study questions: Case study questions for class 10 social science usually require you to read a scenario or a passage and answer a set of questions based on it. These questions can be based on various topics like history, geography, economics, or civics.
- Read and analyze the case study or passage carefully: The first step in answering case study questions is to read the scenario or passage carefully. Try to identify the main idea or theme of the passage and note down any important details that you think are relevant. Pay attention to any maps, graphs, or charts that are included as they can be helpful in answering the questions.
- Identify the type of questions being asked: After reading the case study or passage, you should analyze the questions being asked. Try to identify the type of question, whether it is a factual question or an analytical question. Factual questions require you to provide specific details from the passage, while analytical questions require you to use your critical thinking skills to analyze the information presented in the passage.
- Use your textbook and notes: To prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the topics covered in your textbook. Go through your notes and textbook to revise the relevant topics and concepts. This will help you to answer the questions more accurately.
- Practice sample questions: One of the best ways to prepare for case study questions is to practice answering sample questions. Try to find sample questions online or in your textbook and practice answering them. This will help you to get comfortable with the format of the questions and improve your speed and accuracy.