Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 1 Resources and Development
Here we are providing case study questions for Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 1 Resources and Development.
Case Study Question 1:
Resources are vital for any developmental activity. But irrational consumption and over-utilisation of resources may lead to socioeconomic and environmental problems. To overcome these problems, resource conservation at various levels is important. This had been the main concern of the leaders and thinkers in the past. For example, Gandhiji was very apt in voicing his concern about resource conservation in these words: “There is enough for everybody’s need and not for any body’s greed.” He placed the greedy and selfish individuals and exploitative nature of modern technology as the root cause for resource depletion at the global level. He was against mass production and wanted to replace it with the production by the masses.
Answer the following MCQs by choosing the most appropriate options:
(i) Resources are vital for
(a) Developmental activity
(b) Commercial activity
(c) Social activity
(d) Environmental activity
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (a)
(ii) Irrational consumption and over-utilisation of resources may lead to
(a) Social Problems
(b) Commercial Problems
(c) Environmental Problems
(d) All of the above
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (d)
(iii) “There is enough for everybody’s need and not for any body’s greed.” Who said this?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Rajendra Prasad
(d) Vinoba Bhave
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (b)
(iv) What had been the main concern of the leaders and thinkers in the past?
(a) Ocean conservation
(b) Soil conservation
(c) Biodiversity conservation
(d) Resource conservation
➤ Show AnswerAnswer: (d)
Tips to Prepare for Case Study Questions for Class 10 Social Science
Preparing for case study and passage-based questions in class 10 social science can be challenging, but it is important to remember that with the right approach, you can effectively tackle these types of questions. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science:
- Understand the format of case study questions: Case study questions for class 10 social science usually require you to read a scenario or a passage and answer a set of questions based on it. These questions can be based on various topics like history, geography, economics, or civics.
- Read and analyze the case study or passage carefully: The first step in answering case study questions is to read the scenario or passage carefully. Try to identify the main idea or theme of the passage and note down any important details that you think are relevant. Pay attention to any maps, graphs, or charts that are included as they can be helpful in answering the questions.
- Identify the type of questions being asked: After reading the case study or passage, you should analyze the questions being asked. Try to identify the type of question, whether it is a factual question or an analytical question. Factual questions require you to provide specific details from the passage, while analytical questions require you to use your critical thinking skills to analyze the information presented in the passage.
- Use your textbook and notes: To prepare for case study questions for class 10 social science, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the topics covered in your textbook. Go through your notes and textbook to revise the relevant topics and concepts. This will help you to answer the questions more accurately.
- Practice sample questions: One of the best ways to prepare for case study questions is to practice answering sample questions. Try to find sample questions online or in your textbook and practice answering them. This will help you to get comfortable with the format of the questions and improve your speed and accuracy.