MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15 Our Environment
1. Name the thing in our body which helps us to digest food?
2. Which human-made material cannot be broken down by the action of bacteria?
(a) human flesh
(b) flesh of dead animal
(c) vegetable peels
3. Which of the following is an example biodegradable substance?
4. Which of the following is an example non-biodegradable substance?
(a) Virgin plastic
(d) Plant products
5. Which of the following actions may not affect the environment in worse?
(a) Plastic bags buried inside the earth.
(b) Planting of trees
(c) Excessive use of non-biodegradable pesticides
(d) Burning of plastic bags.
6. Which of the following constituents do not form ecosystem?
(a) Biotic constituents
(b) Plastic bags
(c) Abiotic constituents
(d) All of these
7. Which of the following is an example of human made ecosystem?
8. Which of the following is a functional unit of environment?
9. Which of the following is an example of producers?
(a) Plastic pens
(b) Plastic cans
(d) Green plants
10. Which of the following is an example of herbivores?
11. Which of the following is the full form of CFC?
(a) Chlorofluorine carbon
(c) Chlorinfluid carbon
12. Which of the following is not an example of abiotic factors?
13. Which of the following is the full form of UNEP?
(a) United Kingdom of Africa
(b) United State of America
(c) United Nations Environment programme
d) Union English programme
14. Which of the following is not a biodegradable pollutant?
(b) Cotton cloth
15. Which of the following is terrestrial ecosystem?
(a) A natural forest
(b) A lake
(c) A pond
(d) An aquarium
16. Which of the following belong to same trophic level?
(a) Cockroach and spider
(b) Lizard and spider
(c) Hawk and spider
(d) Lizard and hawk.
17. By which way autotrophs convert energy of food?
(a) Solar energy to chemical energy
(b) Bio-gas to chemical energy
(c) solar energy to bio-gas
(d) Chemical energy to solar energy
18. Which of the following is omnivore?
19. Which of the following is proper sequence of trophic levels?
(a) Producers, Herbivores, Top carnivores, Carnivores
(b) Top Carnivores, Carnivores, Herbivores, Producers
(c) Carnivores, Top Carnivores, Producers, Herbivores
(d) Herbivores, Carnivores, Producers, Top Carnivores
20. Which of the following is an example of food chain?
(a) Grass → Deer → Lion
(b) Algae → Diatoms → Fish
(c) Fish → Deer → Algae
(d) Grass → Frog → Birds
21. Which of the following is the formula of ozone?
22. How many atoms of oxygen are there in ozone?
23. What is the nature of ozone?
(a) It is deadly poisonous
(b) It is fragrant
(c) It is smooth
(d) It causes purple smoke
24. It which of the following devices CFC’s are not produced?
(b) Fire extinguishers
(c) Pressurized cans
25. Which of the following in not an effect of ultraviolet radiations?
(a) Causes skin cancer
(b) Causes sun burn
(c) Causes eye disease
(d) Causes typhoid